Our vision is to provide an ethos and environment in which the overall health of our students is enhanced by feelings of positive wellbeing and mental health. We believe this will enable them to develop the resilience to face challenges and achieve their aspirations in life.
We promote the importance of emotional wellbeing and mental health across the whole academy community including students, parents and staff.
- Commit to promoting and protecting positive emotional wellbeing and mental health in all stakeholders
- Ensure all stakeholders are aware of our commitment and the support mechanisms in place to support and drive the strategy
- Strive to maintain a positive culture and ethos in which all stakeholders assume responsibility for emotional wellbeing and mental health
- Enable our staff to assume a healthy work-life balance
- Ensure staff are well informed, through effective staff development, about how to practice in a way which supports positive emotional wellbeing and mental health
- Maintain effective systems for recognising, referring and supporting the individual wellbeing and mental health needs of our students
- Operate clear lines of communication, actively seeking and responding to the views of all stakeholders with regards to emotional wellbeing and mental health
- Provide access for students, parents and staff to external agencies and specialist services available to support emotional wellbeing and mental health
Wellbeing Support Request:
|Name Of Agency||Website/Contact Details||How They Can Help|
|Thurrock Young Carers||Telephone: 020 85934422
Website: http://www.carerscentre.org.uk/ and http://www.youngcarerscentre.org.uk/
|Support via 121 sessions, group activities & trips out/away, chat via social media or text, workshops, advice & information.|
|NSPCC||Telephone: 0808 800 5000
|They work directly with children and families in service centres across the UK. They collaborate with frontline professionals and researchers to find innovative solutions and evaluate what works.|
|St Luke Bereavement counselling||Telephone: 01268524973
|Provides support to children and young people up to 19 years who have a life limiting illness or a family member/friend with a life limiting illness.
Lukes’ also provides support to children and young people who are experiencing a bereavement.
|Health Team||Telephone: 0300 300 1526
|Offer health information, support, and advice to children, young people and their families who attend school in Thurrock.
They aim to promote the physical, mental and emotional well-being of school aged children and young people (5-19 years)Seek to develop the skills they need to manage challenges they face in school, at home, in their personal lives or online.
|Child Line||Telephone: 0800 1111
|They are there to support you, with whatever’s on your mind.
Help you make decisions that are right for you. Offer tips and techniques, ideas and inspiration, to help you feel more in control.
You can access them in your own time, at your own pace!