I write to let you know of some excellent news – as you may have been aware, our Academy was recently inspected by Ofsted, and we have been rated as ‘Good’ in all aspects of our provision.
We are all very proud of this achievement, and it underlines the journey of improvement that our school has been on in recent years. It has been a real team effort – I firmly believe that effective and sustained improvement can only be achieved if it is supported by everyone associated with a school. I am therefore enormously grateful to have such a wonderful teaching and staff team, supportive governors, an involved sponsor (Ormiston Academies Trust), and most important of all, parents and students who are committed to Ormiston Park and its success. Thank you.
I strongly believe that every student can and should achieve well. To deliver this ambition, we have sought to ensure that every young person at Ormiston Park has the support they need to thrive, and this was recognised by Ofsted as a key factor in the improvement that the school has achieved.
The report, which is available to view online www.ormistonpark.org.uk/ofsted , praises the Academy for its rapid, sustainable improvement and highlights the following strengths:
- Good quality teaching, with students well supported and teachers ensuring that they are motivated and challenged to do well.
- The success of our ‘Believe and Achieve’ ethos, which is inspiring students to succeed.
- Our strong science department, recently awarded a ‘gold standard award’ by OAT.
- High standards in English provision, which are delivering very good outcomes for students.
- The personal development and wellbeing of students is a priority for the Academy and your children feel safe and know who to go to when they have any anxieties or concerns.
- Pupil premium and additional catch-up funding is targeted effectively and the Academy’s whole-school literacy strategy ensures that students catch up quickly.
- Our students have a positive attitude, demonstrate increasing confidence and take pride in their learning.
- Governors are well-informed and work closely with the Trust to support and challenge the school leaders effectively. They are ambitious for the school and its future.
- We are making good use of the support available from external schools and partners through our sponsor, OAT.
The rating is a real boost, but we will not rest on our laurels, and are already looking to build on this success. I am confident that with the dedication and expertise of our staff, the continuing hard work of our students, your ongoing support and commitment, and the wider support of Ormiston Academies Trust, Ormiston Park Academy will go from strength to strength.
I am always grateful for your contributions on how we can continue to improve our Academy, and so please do not hesitate to get in touch if you would like to discuss this further.
If you would like to read the full report please click here to download.