The Academy is currently consulting on admissions arrangements for September 2021. To view the proposal click here…………….
You are encourged to provide feedback please click here………..
Applications for the 2019 academic year begins September 2018.
To apply you need to complete the Local Authority’s (LA) common application form (CAF) and submit this directly to the LA by the deadline, 31 October.
Late applications will not be considered until all other applications have been reviewed.
All offers of secondary places will be made through the LA. The academy will not contact parents about the outcome of their application until the offer from the local authority has been received. All offers will be made on the secondary national offer day (1 March or the next working day).
Applications for in-year admissions are considered in the same way as those made at the beginning of the academic year and are dealt with in accordance the local authorities Fair Access Protocol. In-year admissions forms can be obtained from
Students included in the Fair Access Protocol will take precedence over those held on the waiting list. Once a student has been identified for admission to the academy under the Fair Access Protocol the academy will notify the local authority within seven calendar days of the decision to accept or refuse the student’s admission. It the academy refuses entry, the local authority may request a direction from the Education Funding Agency (on behalf of the Secretary of State). The academy will set out its reasons for refusal in writing to the local authority within 15 calendar days (for CLA this is reduced to seven calendar days) and may make further representations directly to the EFA (these will be made within seven calendar days). The decision of the Secretary of State will be binding upon the academy.
If the academy receives more applications than there are available places then children with the academy named on an education, health care plan (EHCP) or equivalent will be automatically admitted to the academy. If there are still places available, priority for admission will be given to those children who meet the oversubscription criteria set out below:
- Looked after children and those who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after was adopted or became subject to a child arrangements order or special guardianship order. A looked after child is a child who is in the care of a local authority, or being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions (definition used is in Section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989).
- Admission of students whose siblings currently attend the Academy and who will continue to do so on the date of admission:
For the purpose of allocating places, sibling means:
- Full sibling living at the same address as the applicant
- Step sibling living at the same address as the applicant
- Half sibling living at the same address as the applicant
- Adopted or long term foster sibling living at the same address as the applicant
- Admission of students on the basis of proximity to the Academy using straight line measurement. Distance from the Academy will be measured in a straight line in metres by a digital mapping system from the Academy’s main gate to the front door of the home.
- Students who live with parents, guardians or carers who are employees of the Academy, provided that the employee has been employed at the Academy for a minimum of two years at the date of application for admission or are recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage.
- To decide between two applications that cannot be otherwise separated there will be a random ballot using an electronic random number generator. Such a ballot will be supervised by an officer of the Local Authority.
Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs are allocated school places under different regulations and will override all other categories or priority.
Year 6 Open Evening – Thursday 11th October 2018
For more information please read the below admission polices