The culture and ethos at Ormiston Park Academy is one of aspiration with no exceptions for OPA6 students.
During your time at OPA6 we will hold you to the highest expectations of personal and academic conduct.
All OPA6 students are expected to:
- Attend in Business-wear with ID card & lanyard visible at all times
- Attend all timetabled activities
- Register your attendance with 6th form staff using your ID card
- Maintain an attendance figure of higher than 95%
- Be punctual
- Meet all study deadlines set by staff
- Undertake a minimum of 4 hours independent study per timetabled qualification
- Only submit original work (plagiarism may result in your place on a course being withdrawn)
- Treat fellow students and staff with courtesy and respect – bullying or discriminatory behaviour will not be tolerated
- Use ICT facilities appropriately and in line with our Acceptable Use Agreement
- Actively seek out and participate in Enrichment activities to develop a rich set of life-skills and experiences
- Work in partnership with staff to engage in and maximise all learning and career opportunities on offer
- Conduct yourselves as adults would be expected to within the work-place, setting the highest example of personal conduct to younger students
OPA is extremely proud of our OPA6 students and we welcome the transition from wearing a standard school uniform to business attire that stands you apart from the rest of the students in the Academy. Adhering to the OPA6 dress code enables you to be role models for others in the Academy, take pride in your appearance and prepares you for the world of work.
Male students should wear a suit, shirt and tie, with smart shoes. Earrings and other jewellery other than a watch should not be worn. Hair should be kept neat and tidy and not in extreme styles.
Females should wear a suit, trousers or dresses/skirts with shirts or blouses. Appropriate footwear should be worn and minimal jewellery is permitted.
For sport and leisure activities students are permitted to wear appropriate sportswear.
Illness or unexpected absence
If you are unable to attend OPA6 on a particular day due to illness or other exceptional circumstances, you or a parent/carer should notify the 6th form team either by phoning the Academy’s main number 01708 865180 and asking to be connected to the 6th Form team or by phoning the 6th Form designated mobile 07701 318993. You are expected to phone in each day you continue to be absent. When you return to OPA6 you may be asked to complete an absence form and have a meeting with your tutor to ensure an appropriate plan is in place to help you catch up on missed learning.
Where possible, we ask that all students avoid making medical appointments within the school day. However, we are aware that sometimes this cannot be avoided. Requests for such absences should be made via your tutor on an Authorised Absence Form, available from Mrs Dibble.
All authorised absence is at the discretion of the Director of 6th Form.