Applying for a place at Ormiston Park Academy
Completed application forms for a place at Secondary School in Thurrock for a September start must be received by Thurrock Council on or before 31st October.
Open evening events operate throughout September and October.
Parents or carers and their Year 6 children who are unable to visit the school on Open Evening may book a place on a daytime tour of the school by emailing Collette Hunnisett email@example.com
Applying for in-year admission:
• Thurrock Admissions Team will co-ordinate an ‘In Year’ admission scheme.
• Parents will use one application form with up to six preferences.
• The LA will seek information about a child prior to admission, allowing schools to be able to prepare to meet individual needs.
• This process may take up to fifteen school days after the application has been received by Thurrock Admissions Team. Pupils will only be transferred to another school in the Borough at the start of each half term, once information required from any previous school has been received.
• The scheme will operate an equal preference system, as with the current co-ordinated arrangements for secondary admissions. All preferences are considered with equal weight, irrespective of the order of preference.
• The LA will consult with individual admissions authorities before a place is offered.
• The LA will send out offer(s) or refusal(s) on behalf of the admission authority. If no preferences were met the LA will offer an alternative school place, known as an ‘Unplaced Offer’.
• The LA maintains waiting lists for the academic year in which the application has been made. The LA will write to the parents at the end of each academic year to ask whether they wish their child to remain on a waiting list. Children on waiting lists will be ‘ranked’ in accordance with the ‘criteria’ of each admission authority.
• The LA will apply the processes and procedures contained within its In-Year Fair Access Protocol in appropriate cases to ensure all vulnerable pupils receive suitable education. This may involve the formal direction processes in respect of looked after children and other relevant cases as appropriate.
Click here to view our admissions policy